The Azm Palace at Hama was built in 1742 by the Ottoman governor, As'ad Pasha al-Azm, as his residence. It served the continuing line of Azm governors in Hama until the end of family rule in the 19th century. A larger palace with the same basic plan, also known as the Azm Palace, was built in Damascus by As'ad Pasha when he became governor of that city in 1743. The palace has been used as a museum since 1956, displaying archaeological finds from sites in and around Hama, including the citadel. A noteworthy exhibit is that of a Roman mosaic depicting a musician playing a lyre. Extensively damaged during the 1982 Hama uprising, the palace has since been largely restored Recently, our team from Baydoun art Had done the restoration of 80% of the house withing around 3 years starting from 2007.